Our Diocese & Deanery

 

Our Parish is in the . . . Diocese of Brentwood

A diocese for Essex was formed on 22 March 1917, by the division of the Diocese of Westminster and on 20 July 1917 the Diocese of Brentwood was erected by the Bull ‘Universalis Ecclesiae Procuratio’.

The Diocese consists of:

  • the administrative County of Essex,

  • the Unitary Authorities of Southend-on-Sea and Thurrock

  • and five London Boroughs:

    • Barking & Dagenham,

    • Havering,

    • Newham,

    • Redbridge,

    • Waltham Forest.


The Patron of the Diocese is Our Lady of Lourdes (Feastday: 11 February) with
Secondary Patrons: St Edmund of Canterbury (16 November), St Erconwald (13 May) and St Cedd (26 October).

 

 

Bishop Alan Williams sm

Our Bishop, Alan Williams, is a member of the Marist religious order and, until 2015, was Director of the National Shrine of Our Lady at Walsingham, Norfolk.

He was born in Oldham, Lancashire in 1951, took final vows in the Society of Mary (Marist fathers) in 1981 and was ordained priest at St. Anne’s, Whitechapel in 1983.

Bishop Alan holds degrees in theology, psychology and religious education and has served in a number of pastoral roles.

He has worked as a teacher and chaplain in secondary schools. He also served as Catholic Chaplain at Sheffield Hallam University and taught Christian Spirituality at postgraduate level. He is a former major superior of the Marist Fathers in England and has worked as a parish priest in the Archdiocese of Southwark. At Walsingham he had overall responsibility for pilgrimage and retreat work.

His episcopal ordination took place at Brentwood Cathedral on 1st July 2015.

 

 

Our Parish is in the . . . Deanery of Havering

The Deanery comprises the parishes situated within the London Borough of Havering:

  • Collier Row, Corpus Christi

  • Elm Park, St Alban

  • Gidea Park, Christ the Eternal High Priest

  • Harold Hill, Most Holy Redeemer

  • Harold Hill, St Dominic (served from Most Holy Redeemer)

  • Hornchurch, St Mary Mother of God

  • Hornchurch, English Martyrs

  • Rainham, Our Lady of La Salette

  • Romford, St Edward the Confessor

  • Upminster, St Joseph.

The Patron  of our Deanery is St Edward the Confessor (Feastday: 13 October).

The Dean of Havering is Father Philip Denton
Address: Church House, Lowshoe Lane, Collier Row, Romford, Essex RM5 2AP
Telephone: 01708-749050
​​

Our Parish is in the . . . Partnership of Romford Parishes

We are in a cluster of five parishes in the north of Havering comprising:

Collier Row Corpus Christi, Gidea Park Christ the Eternal High Priest, Harold Hill Most Holy Redeemer, Harold Hill St Dominic and Romford St Edward the Confessor. 

In the coming years these parishes will increasingly work together and will probably be served by only two or three priests.

Contact Us

Lowshoe Lane
Romford 
RM5 2AP
Telephone: 01708 749050

Parish Office hours 09:00-12:00 Monday to Friday

 

collierrow@dioceseofbrentwood.org

The church is usually open daily until 5.00 pm (on Saturdays until after the Vigil Mass at 6.30 pm).